Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Yummmmmm...

I made my 1st batch of crock-pot split pea soup today! It turned out so good, I just had to share. Here is the recipe if anyone is interested....

16 oz of split peas
1.5 cups of chicken broth
4.5 cups of water
2 carrots, diced
1 potato, diced
3/4 of an onion, diced
diced ham to taste (my family doesn't care for ham so I use about 1/8 a cup just for flavor)
1.5 teaspoons of kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Add all ingredients and cook on high for 7 hours. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Appreciating the persistence you put into your site and detailed information you offer.
It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same
unwanted rehashed material. Excellent read! I've saved your site and I'm including your RSS feeds to my Google account.


Feel free to surf to my homepage - top search engines

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive