Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Miss Kate Cuttables Design Team Day - I thank my Lucky Stars for you!

Happy Wednesday!  I LOVE how my card for today turned out and can't wait to show it to you..


I used Miss Kate Cuttables Cute Shooting Star file to make my very 1st shaker card.  :)

I use MTC to lay out my stars and cut them out from the light blue layer.  For the four smaller stars, I used tacky tape behind the cutout shape and placed yellow paper on the back side of the tape.  On the front part I added yellow glitter and rubbed it into the sticky tape.  I think this worked so much better than using glue and glitter - way less mess!

For the large star, I created a shaker box with a clear acetate sheet on top.  I used the same yellow glitter from my smaller stars but added some small star shaped confetti for a little more bling.  I also stamped a PK In the Garden face stamp onto the acetate with Staz-on.

I finished off the card with a stamp from Scrappy Moms Stamps brand new Whimsical Words set.


Don't forget to stop by and get your Freebie of the Day at Miss Kate Cuttables.  :)  Thank you so much for stopping by today - I hope you enjoyed my project!



1 comment:

Ginger said...

OMG! I love this card! It's so adorable!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive