Sunday, June 17, 2012

Scrappy Moms Stamps Sneak Peak #2

Happy Father's Day!!  I hope all the dad's out there are having a great one! :D

Today I am sharing a present that my kids made for their dad...


When researching Inukshuks for our new Proudly Canadian set I discovered that people can make their own mini Inukshuks.  I thought the kids would have fun building some.  :)

We bought rocks at Michael's (note - after they were done we found that our Dollar Tree sells the same bags, oh well! LOL) and started planning our Inukshuks.  The hardest part is figuring out what glue will hold them.  The rocks are polished smooth so you can't use hot glue... we wound up using a combo of Super Glue and E6000.  The E6000 alone didn't work because to was too flexible and the rocks wiggled.  The Super glue also bonds faster.  Warning - they are VERY FRAGILE!  My little guy broke them apart twice.  I think that I'm going to do a little more research and see if I can find a better glue for rocks and re-glue these Inukshuks too.

Here are the individual figures and a close up of the card I made...





To make the card I typed up the Inuit definition and a few more philosophical meanings on Photoshop and then used a stamp from Proudly Canadian. I might poke around and see if I can find a better adhesive for rock - if I find anything I will update you all. :)


My husband loved his little Inukshuks!  I hope that you enjoyed seeing them too.  Have a great Sunday!

{{{ HUGS }}}

6 comments:

Nicole Wright Designs said...

OMG THESE ARE AWESOME!!! My youngest loves these and builds them as we travel through the US parks.

Dawnica said...

How cute are these! Now I know what it means. Awesome job! My kids would love to make these.

Deanggbg said...

OMG THESE ARE AWESOME!!! My youngest loves these and builds them as we travel through the US parks.

toashes said...

replica bags koh samui replica bags by joy replica bags supplier

toughr said...

e3m10y5q91 i0u92r1s69 l2o46j5b40 n2g39p3b06 l5z93w6k80 o5b19i9t22

Anonymous said...

yeezy gap hoodie
jordan shoes
jordan shoes
jordan shoes
bape official
supreme outlet
off white shoes
golden goose outlet
golden goose
yeezy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive