Monday, March 22, 2010

Design Studio and new layout!


I just purchased the Cricut Design studio - found it on e-bay for $25 and decided to bite the bullet and get it. :)

I still am not sure if I LOVE it, but I was able to get my words welded and shadowed, which was the main reason I bought it. I tried the trial verson of Sure-Cuts-a-Lot and it is easier to shadow (ok, WAY easier) but it scares me that it could mess up my Cricut machine (and it's 3x the price). So after a good amount of fiddling I completed the title for this page with CDS and Plantin Schoolbook and Alphalicious.

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

5 comments:

Marlene said...

Great layout!!!

For what it's worth, I haven't met a single person whose cricut has been "messed up" by another party's software (whether it be SCAL or MTC). Word on the street is that those claims were made by a certain *ahem* company in order to scare people from buying third party software, so they would continue to buy cartridges. I actually have all three programs....and I love MTC the best!

Nicole Wright Designs said...

Thanks Mel, that's good to know! Packing for a 2 week trip means you pack everything! Especially when you live in a cold climate like me! I can't wait to wear my flip flops while I'm bumping around your lovely state! I'm still bringing my Toque though;)

Great layout BTW...

Sara Kate said...

Such a cute layout! I have a terrible time welding and shadowing with the Design Studio so I rarely use it...any tips??

MisCdaisy said...

Mel,

What a great layout!!!

btw... I wanted to let you know that I am passing a Beautiful Blog award along to you... check out my post called "yea for me"... If you'd like to accept the award!

Thanks for sharing your great layouts and stuff!

<3 Mel

Sue said...

I love your blog and your layouts. As far as DS its the only program I have and I am still learning all sorts of neat things you can do with it. There are a few great blogs that explain the program. I like my carts and don't have time to do alot of serching on the comp. but there is a program for everyone.You will have to try them out. Thank you for sharing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive