Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Week!

So we are embroiled in Teacher Appreciation week here and I have been a-crafting! LOL

I have two kiddos in school so that means two of everything. First up I made some little shadow box frames for each teacher....

This one is for my youngest's Kindergarten teacher.


This one is for a third grade teacher. I figured that the crayons were a little "young" for a middle grade, so I made the word cloud and use a pencil.


Lastly, I saw these mini-Oreo apples at Skip to My Lou and HAD to give them a try!


They turned out so cute but were pretty time consuming! The cookies kept falling off the toothpicks I was using to help me dip them into the candy melts. But my kiddos reported that they were yummy and well received. :)

Thanks for stopping by - have a wonderful day!

7 comments:

Glora said...

Super cute ideas. Thanks for taking care of the teachers in your life. Hugs- Glora

Anonymous said...

These are BEAUTIFUL ideas! I am going to file away the shadowbox ideas for when Nicole has a teacher. :)
TFS!
Lauren

bonnie said...

Oh I posted and it disappeared on me! Just wanted to say how cute...Skip to my Lou always has a ton of cool ideas, I like to pop there for inspiration! Your frames are adorable and such fun and your apples turned out perfectly! I can't find mini oreos here in the UK! :) I'll have to think of something else! Hugs x

Jamiecrafts said...

i saw those oreo apple's too mel, they are way cute and you did a great job.

Laura L. Cline said...

These are awesome! If I didn't homeschool, I'd have made these! Well, maybe I should just make them for myself and my husband as we're Lilly's teachers... ;)

{{HUGS}}
Laura

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

These are really nice I mostly love the crayon shadow box!!
I saw that you posted on Sigrid's facebook and was interested in your teacher idea.

I have one up on my facebook fan page:
https://www.facebook.com/KristasPaperCafe

HappyPlaceJen said...

What creative teacher gifts, Mel! You rock as usual! :) ~Jen
http://happyplaceforjen.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive