I received the new "Just Because" Cards Cricut Cartridge in the mail a few days ago and was just dying to play with it. I also wanted to try a new card design - gate cards or tri-fold cards. So here is my 1st attempt...
The truck is cut at 3.75" and the words "A little pick up for you" are cut at 3.5". I used my Nestabilities Deckled rectangles for the base of the truck.
For those of you who have never made a gate card her are the dimentions - 8.5" wide x 5.5" tall. Fold each side in 2 1/8" to meet in the middle - there are a couple of ways to do this. I made a prototype that I measured each side, scored it and then folded it and one that I just found the middle at 4.25" and brought each side in to meet at that point. I think that it is easier to mark the middle and fold in - if you have a scorepal or a very accurate measuring guide you might do better than I did with the 1st option (my sides overlapped a little).
Oh, and I found this out by trial and error. With "Just Because" Cards you have to figure all of your cuts by the size of the card. You can't use the real dial size button either - the layers won't be the right size. I start off with around a 4.5" cut for most shapes and then go up or down from there - keep some scrap paper handy. It might be kind of a pain but it's so worth it, don't you agree? :)
- ► 2015 (32)
- ► 2014 (71)
- ► 2013 (62)
- ► 2012 (50)
- ► 2011 (100)
- The Scrappy Mel Google Search Story :)
- SSSC #66, Easel Card and a Blog Award....whew!
- Forever Young Girly Card
- Happy 101 Blog Award - Update!
- New Scrappy Mel Blog Button :)
- Made By Momo Challenge #1
- Lemonade card with Just Because Cards
- Easter Layout :)
- Pink Stamper Challange :)
- Fish Bowl Shape Card - Create A Critter
- New Chat Box (CBox)
- I'm in the Pink Stamper Gallery!! :)
- A Second Blogger Award - Can you believe it?! :)
- "Just Because" Cards Cartridge and a gate card!
- ▼ April (14)