Monday, September 13, 2010

Blog Hop Winner and Some Answers.... :)

THANK YOU to everyone who joined us on this weekend's hop! I hope you had fun and got some great new crafting ideas! :)

I used Random.org to pick a winner and here she is....

Jennie - from (EarthyScrap)!!
"This is such a super idea!!! Love is so cute! Can't wait to see how you made it!! TFS"

Jennie - Please e-mail me your mailing address at scrappymoms.stamps@gmail.com and I will send your stamps on their way. :)

I had a few questions in the comments that I wanted to answer.

1 - Where did I get my perforating tool? I have a CutterBee Scoring blade. I went out to see who sells it and it looks like it has been discontinued. I did find an art supply store that sells a three pack of CutterBees - it has a straight cutter, scoring blade and perforation blade. If your interested here's the LINK.


2 - Can I do a video on how to use the perforating tool? I don't have a video camera right now so, unfortunately, no. But it's really easy - just put a ruler where you want the line to go and run the tool up against the edge. The tool I have is a rotary so it just roll on the paper -use firm pressure to get a good perforation.

Several of you requested directions on how to make the book so - here goes....

- The covers are cut from George and Basic Shapes at 5 1/2" x 2 5/8" (you could easily cut this with a paper trimmer.) The inside pages are cut at 5 1/2"2 1/2" - from GBS. The perforation is at 3/4" from the left.
- From Locker Talk - Book stack at 1.75", Camera at 1.25", Scissors at 1"
- From Just Because Cards - Car at 1", Lemonade - 1.75 (cut off lemon), "Float Boat" at 1.75 (hide Bloat) - this is for the Pepsi Float page.
- From Every Day Paper Dolls - Bed at 1.75", Van at 1.25"
- From From My Kitchen - Float at 1.75"
-From Graphically Speaking - People reading at 1.75"
- From A Childs Year - Children playing at 1.75"
- From Create A Critter - House (pig) at 1.5"
- From Plantin Schoolbook - Dollar Sign at .75"
- From Sesame St Font - "Bingo" welded at .67"
- From Indie Art - Dice at .5"
From - George and Basic Shapes - Popcorn Box, Game Board and Red Box - made with shapes
From - Slumber Party - Popcorn cut at .75"

I made the white part of the coupon on Photoshop. The font is called CK Handprint - it was a free front from Creating Keepsakes magazine. The box is drawn with the Select and Stroke (outline) Selection features at 5 pt.

Then I used the Bind-It-All with 5 rings. The cover title is from Sesame Street Font at 1" and welded on the design studio.

Please let me know if you have any other questions on the coupon book and anything else that I can help you with.
Thanks for visiting today!

2 comments:

Jamiecrafts said...

hey Mel, maybe I could help you out with making a video on perforating since you helped me out with the blog hop... you could post it on your scrappy moms blog? just a thought let me know if you want me to whip something up :)

Jennie Garcia said...

Thank you so much!!!! I love these stamps!! I just sent you the email. Thank so much I'm so excited!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive